On 07/04/2015 12:20 PM, Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:
> On 04/07/15 17:01, Thomas Blasejewicz wrote:
>> Since there is a newer version (4.4.4.3) available, I downloaded and
>> installed it.
> How did you do that?
>
> If you'd added the PPA deb
> http://ppa.launchpad.net/libreoffice/ppa/ubuntu trusty main all you
> would have had to do is an upgrade.
>
> In a terminal do
> sudo apt-get purge libreoffice*
>

> That should remove all your versions of LO.
> Then see here for how to install via PPA:
> http://linuxpitstop.com/upgrade-libreoffice-4-4-4-on-ubuntu/
>
> As you will have removed ALL your versions of LO then you will have to
> edit the final command to
>
> sudo apt-get install libreoffice

Do you really want to Purge it?
How about all of the settings and options you have in the old version
that you want in the new one?

sudo apt-get remove libreoffice*

Then I install the new version by installing the web site version, after
it is uncompressed, in the terminal.
I "cd" to the DEBS folder and then use the "dpkg" command.

sudo dpkg -i *.deb

I tend not to use the PPA system, since I install and use different
versions on my various Ubuntu/MATE and Mint/MATE systems [Mint 13.x to
Ubuntu 15.04] - as well as my Win7 systems.