Good evening
I (and other people all over the net) have brought up this before.
So, please bear with me ...

I would like the cursor to be upon opening documents where it was, when
I left the document.
Now I found in the LibreOffice documentation the following (took very
long!):
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Cursor Position
In general, all documents open with the cursor at the start of the document.

One exception appears when the author of a Writer text document saves
and reopens a document: The cursor will be at the same position where it
has been when the document was saved. This only works when the name of
the author was entered in Tools - Options - LibreOffice - User Data.

Press Shift+F5 to set the cursor to the last saved position.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
So, LO is greedy and allows the cursor to be at the last editing
position, when YOU are owner/author of the document.
I constantly have to work (translation, mostly Word files) on documents
that have been prepared by other people.
Is there a way to convince LO to be a little more generous?
If you have 50-100 page documents and EACH TIME have to scroll through
that thing to find where you were ... this is ANNOYING.

The "Press Shift+F5" does not work at all.
At least I cannot make it work = it does NOTHING.
Is there a trick to this?
I imagine, this function COULD be very helpful ... if it were working ...

Thank you
Thomas