hi. personal experience.  I started using linux about 12 years ago installation
and configuration are just a bit longer than in windows systems  (but you can
find a lot of documentation). Linux systems are, by the way, more transparent
(if you want to know what happens behind the interface), customizable and
versatile than windows systems. You can run linux on micro computers  (e.g.
raspberry), very old computers (I have ubuntu on a notebook with 256 mb ram);
you can use a wider set of data formats (texts, images...)  and so on.  then it
depends on your needs: if you have particular softwares or hardwares that
require windows...  However, open source software (LibreOffice, Gimp,
Blender...) has made impressive progresses in the last years, so that just a
small number of users can note the difference (provided they don't just trust
the name or think that higher costs mean higher quality).

Paolo  Debortoli