Hey guys,

I have a document with about 20 columns and 500 rows using
DDE("soffice", …) to get the data from another doucment. The reason
I am using DDE() instead of an array reference to the other file is
that the array reference does not grow, i.e. if the referred file
has a line added, I have to erase and recreate the array, whereas
I can just add additional DDE() lines.

The problem I am having is that with 500 lines, adding a new line
(using fill-down) takes about *an hour per line*, so to add 6 lines,
I just had the machine chugging at 100% CPU time for 6 hours, while
libreoffice was entirely unresponsive.

Do you have any idea what's going on, or how to optimise this?

Thanks,

--
@martinkrafft | http://madduck.net/ | http://two.sentenc.es/

"to me, vi is zen. to use vi is to practice zen. every command is
 a koan. profound to the user, unintelligible to the uninitiated.
 you discover truth everytime you use it."
                                       -- reddy ät lion.austin.ibm.com

spamtraps: madduck.bo...@madduck.net