Steve Edmonds wrote:

 > Hi.
 > I have had a look in the help but can't see if I can achieve my desired
 > effect.
 > Is it possible to assign a paragraph style based on the level in a list.
 > I.e. Level 1 text is regular, level 2 text is italic.
 > Thanks, steve

You can do this with a Conditional Paragraph Style. Look up 'single-style
outlining' in the LibreOffice Writers Guide. You would then use the paragraph
styles List 1, List 2, etc. or Numbering 1, Numbering 2 etc. for numbered
lists. You can adapt these or make your own similar paragraph styles. Create a
new paragraph style for example Nested List, make it a conditional style, and
couple the Numbering levels to Numbering 1, Numbering 2, or List 1, List 2, etc.
--
Piet van Oostrum <p...@vanoostrum.org>
WWW: http://pietvanoostrum.com/