Has anyone witnessed this strange happening?

I was working with the formatting of a book, using a template created by Createspace. This template has worked perfectly until 5.0. However, while working with it, I noticed text started disappearing (see attached image). I could remove the formatting of the text and it would reappear... only to immediately disappear the second I reformat. It seems to be randomly happening.

I can't attach the file this is happening to, because the book has yet to be published. I can, however, attach the blank template.

I wound up having to install the LibreOffice from the default Elementary OS repo (LO 4.2) which worked just fine.

--
/Jack Wallen/
Award winning author of dark, twisty fiction