On 09/16/2015 02:20 PM, Robert Watt wrote:
> Taking the above in account, which ‘version’ of Libre Office is compatible
> with the latest version of Mac OSX (my Mac Mini is at v’10.10.5 Yosemite).

Go to www.libreoffice.org and download the latest version.  While I
can't speak specifically about your situation, LibreOffice is an
excellent office suite that's compatible with MS Office formats, as well
as the ISO standard OpenDocument formats.  As the help desk suggested
it, I assume it's OK for your needs.  So, why not give it a try?