Good morning Brian and all:

    I did this in my workbook:

Sheet 1            Sheet2
1st Matrix  2nd Matrix                                          VlookUp
Result
Name           Name
Formula
0 A.D.           0 A.D. Empires Ascendant       =BUSCARV(A2;Hoja1.A3:A6;1;1)
0 A.D.
2HFU            3D Chess
=BUSCARV(A3;Hoja1.A3:A6;1;1)    2HFU
3D chess      Abe
=BUSCARV(A4;Hoja1.A3:A6;1;1)    3D chess

In the first case I tried to find "0 A.D. Empires Ascendant" from 2nd
Matrix - sheet 2- in the 1st Matrix -sheet 1- and found "0 A.D." ... it
was good !

But in the second case I tried to find "3D Chess" that is the third
element in the first Matrix-Sheet 1- and the found result is "2HFU" ...
it isn't good and confused me.

In the last case I tried to find "Abe" and found "3D chess" more confuse
to me.

As I can see the VlookUp find always the element that continue in order
in the list of the 1st Matrix not the name that I'm finding.

And if I used "=BUSCARV(An;Hoja1.A3:A6;1;0)" with zero at end, the tree
results are "#N/D" ("An" is for not to repeat tree times the formula)

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong  or there is a bug

Some time ago, VlookUp was using only to search exactly element (Only
equal) now it has so strange behaivor (At least to me)

Regards,

Jorge Rodríguez

--
Atentamente,