On Fri, Jan 1, 2016 at 10:59 AM, Luuk <luu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> <SNIP>
>>

> In design mode, right-click on the link between two tables, and click
> 'edit'...
>

> If you want to manually edit the SQL, the syntax is shown here:
>
> https://help.libreoffice.org/Common/Special_Settings#Use_Outer_Join_syntax_.27.7BOJ_.7D.27

Thanks, but neither of these is very helpful.  Editing the relationships
only allows me to set the CASCADE and DELETE options (unless I am missing
something, in which case maybe a little further guidance might help.)

Following the link, I tried to set the special settings, but don't have any
option as suggested - using LO 4.4.7.2 (standard LOBase internal database)
on Manjaro Linux here.

I have only 3 special settings available via the "Edit-Database-Advanced
Settings" as suggested:
<> End Text Lines with CR+LF
<> Form Data input checks for required fields
<> Use ODBC conformant date/time fields.

There is no option whatsoever to allow to use outer join syntax.

Regards,
Don
--
D.C. Parris, FMP, Linux+, ESL Certificate
Minister, Security/FM Coordinator, Free Software Advocate