-------- Original Message  --------
From: Jwkokc
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 15:35:25 -0700 (MST)

> After installation of version 5.03, I found that the 'AltSearch" extension
> that I had installed for version 4.x is apparently incompatible with the
> newer version, but I have not yet located any instructions for removing such
> an extension. Now, each time I save a document while exiting from Writer, I
> get an error message that files are damaged and will be reconstructed next
> time I open them.
>
> No damage is evident, and no files are listed in the message. I renamed my
> user profile as per the on-line instructions, and the message went away, so
> I presume it's connected somehow to the presence of the incompatible
> extension. However I have customized my system to such an extent that I need
> to return to the original user profile to be able to work comfortably.
>
> Is there a process for removing such material, or must I bite the bullet,
> blow away my entire installation (which is on Xubuntu 14.04.3) and install
> version 5 anew from the PPA?

Jim,

I am not an Xubuntu user, but I am using the vanilla LO 5.1.0.3RC3 x64
on PCLinux and Windows 7 with the AltSearch extension version 1.4.1
which is working perfectly for me. I did experience a problem with macro
errors (no crashes) in a previous LO version (4.?), but this was
resolved by removing and reinstalling the extension.

Where did you hear that the extension was incompatible with the 5.x
versions of LO?

Dave