Larry Gusaas wrote
>> No, Oracle  must fix the JRE, or Apple must correct OS X Java system
>> calls.
>> Until then, LO for tdf#94716 now requires use of the unaffected JDK -- at
>> the expense of OS X users now having to install the JDK rather than a
>> broken
>> JRE to access the Java runtimes.
>
> Wrong. You need to make LibreOffice work with OS X.  It worked before.

I don't need to do anything,  but you are welcome to hack at the code ;-)

> Demanding Apple makes a  change in there operating system in order for
> your program to  work is pretty arrogant. I do not need or want JDK on my
> system.

Arrogant?  No, just reality of Oracle and Apples relationship and a lack of
effort on the part of Apple!

Until Oracle and Apple can not sort this out--external projects like
LibreOffice have no choice and we've now implemented a reasonable work
around (provided by folks responsible for NeoOffice).

So, at the moment, sorry but you DO need the Java Runtime environment as
provided from a JDK.  Otherwise, I would say simply don't use Base and don't
select a Java runtime--but not sure if on the OS X builds you get the
option. When I get a moment I'll actually check.

Stuart