Thomas Blasejewicz-3 wrote
> None of which has ANY effect.
> Just to make sure, I restarted LibreOffice (not Windows) after every
> change.
>
> I seem to be the only person complaining about this behavior. Does
> nobody encounter it?
> I noticed it on SIX different computers.

Yes, you only need to restart LibreOffice.

Did you use the same document to test the 6 computers? I have never seen the
"major text portions
start to "run" into each other just like wet ink on paper" problem.
Can you share a link to the document (if you used the same document)?
Can you take a screenshot of the problem?
Maybe you should search Bugzilla for this problem (and report it if it
hasn't been reported yet)