On 2/27/2016 12:57 PM, toki <toki.kant...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 27/02/2016 02:05, Tanstaafl wrote:
>
>>> whereas Thunderbird chokes up and dies under the same conditions.
>>
>> Please do not spread FUD. This is blatantly false.

> Really?

Yes.

> Can Thunderbrid really retrieve 2GB per hour from 20+ accounts,
> without losing email?

You seriously receive 2+GB of *new* email per *hour*?

Not sure what kind of real world scenario that falls into - unless
you're a spammer and those are bounces from your latest spamathon.

But, as long as you have a big enough pipe, I don't see why it wouldn't
be able to do it, yes, without losing email.

> Can Thunderbird really compact folders without losing data, whilst doing
> that email retrieval operation?

As long as you aren't attempting to compact the Inbox that is currently
being written to (expecting otherwise is ignorant), and I guarantee you
Outlook would experience corruption in such a case too

> If so, I'm really surprised, because the developers told me that those
> were "won't fix" bugs.

Really? Care to share the link to said discussion? Because if your
complaint was about a corrupted Inbox when attempting to download 100+MB
of emails to it while compacting it at the same time, then they were
correct to tell you that.