On 05/03/2016 02:13 PM, Larry Evans wrote:
I'm on ubuntu 14.04LTS.
My libreoffice calc about shows:

   Version: 4.2.8.2

I opened a new calc file, put 100 in A1, then
tried to save it; however, it then asked for a password.
I don't remember changing anything that said, "for all
future calc documents, require a password".

How can I disable this password requirement.  I tried

   File>Property>Security

which had a [protect...] button, but when pressed,
it opened an dialog titled "Enter Password" with
two fields labelled "Password:" and "Confirm:".

How can a create a calc document with no password
is required?

OOPS.  When the save dialog appears, there's a
little checkbox in lower left hand corner:

  [x] Save with password

Sorry for noise, but it sure would help if this
checkbox were more obvious, say right next to
the filename and maybe blinking in yellow or red ;)