> What would I need to write as a criteria so that when the QUERY is run, it
prompts the user to select from a listbox

You must create a form to use the List Box control.  If you really only
need a query you can add the choices to the query parameter name.  For
example: SELECT "F1", "F2" FROM "Table1" WHERE "F1" =
:enter_dog_cat_or_bird (see simple attached example).

From the installed help see: Contents > Database Functionality > General
Information > Working with Queries (Query Design / Parameter queries) and
Working with Forms (Form Controls / List Box).