> Hi, Henri,
>
> On 10/30/16 1:12 PM, M Henri Day wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> ​Ken, instructions for upgrading Linux Mint 17.3 to Linux Mint 18 - if
>> that's what you're after - are found here :
>> https://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/2316. They worked very well
>> for me....
>>

> For the time being, I'm going to stay with 17.3 until I understand it
> better.  But I created a LiveCD for 18, and may install it on an old laptop
> I have here in the future.
>
> For the moment, I'm just trying to solve this issue of printing from LO
> Calc on my Samsung laser.
>
> --
> Ken
> Mac OS X 10.11.6
> Firefox 49.0.1
> Thunderbird 45.3.0
> "My brain is like lightning, a quick flash
>      and it's gone!"

​
Hullo Ken !

There's a lot of wisdom in the old aphorism to the effect that if it ain't
broke, don't fix it​, and Mint 17.3 works very well - even if I myself find
Mint 18 just a little bit better. In any event, someone on the Linux Mint
Forum for printers and scanners (
https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewforum.php?f=51) might be able to suggest
solutions for the specific problems you're having printing from LO Calc on
your Samsung laser printer - perhaps worth a try ?...

With regard to easily keeping your installation of LO updated on Mint, you
might want to consider installing the PPA (
https://launchpad.net/~libreoffice/+archive/ubuntu/ppa). I can confirm that
it works like a charm, and you don't have to download and install the .deb
files yourself !...

Henri