Does 'select all' then choosing the options you prefer not work?

From: Mike Scott <v...@scottsonline.org.uk>
Date: Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 3:07 AM
Subject: [libreoffice-users] keeping styles up-to-date
To: users@global.libreoffice.org

Hi all; I've a bit of an issue in keeping styles consistent across multiple
documents. Maybe there's an easier way of achieving what I need... any
thoughts would be appreciated.

I'm producing music booklets for a local choir. The sources for the
material are varied: LO files for any words, plus laid-out music input from
musescore and abcm2ps (as pdf files). One song per file. LO source is
converted to pdf, and the whole lot is assembled with pdfunite into a
booklet for printing - often the exact order of pieces won't be known until
the last minute.

My problem is that although the LO files are derived from a common .ott
template file, I find that I sometimes need to alter basic formatting after
creating all the files, eg to change font face or size. At present, I
change this in the .ott file, then have to go through all the individual
documents reloading the styles from this file. It's tedious!

So, is there a way of making style information in an LO document a
/reference/ to, rather than a copy of, that in a master file?
Alternatively, is there a way from the command line of loading styles from
one file into another (I have no doubt a macro could do this; I'm afraid I
don't have the expertise to craft one though :-{ )

TIA for any advice!

--
Mike Scott (unet2 <at> [deletethis] scottsonline.org.uk)
Harlow Essex England