On 29/01/17 03:05, Dave Stevens wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Jan 2017 20:47:50 -0500
> Remy Gauthier <remygauth...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> When you go on the Font panel and look at the available languages, is
>> there a mark indicating the dictionary has been installed for the
>> language you are using (something like a green checkmark with ABC next
>> to it)?
>
> I don't see a Font panel. I can pull down the Tools menu and then under
> Language is For all text, which has choices:

Dave - click Tools > Language > 'For Selection' (or 'For Paragraph') >
More...
Then a Character dialog box opens - select the Font tab ( I guess this
is what Remy was referring to).

In this box, there is a language field with a drop down list showing a
green tick against ABC for the languages where you have dictionaries
installed.

Do you have dictionaries installed ?

I'm using 5.1.4.2 as the standard package in a Ubuntu distro and all
works fine for different flavors of english and french but I don't
recall if I fetched the dictionaries myself. You can see them in Tools >
Extension manager.

hth
Philip