Hi Gary,

find the option "Search criteria = and <> must apply to whole cells" in Tools > Options > Calc > Calculate. Try it with disabled option.

Kind regards
Regina

Gary Collins schrieb:
Hi Brian
I wish i could say it did help but unfortunately not. It works with the whole cell contents but doesnt seem to
pick out a word within the cell. For instance, one of my list has contents "X1 G43". Now if I have
"X1 G43" in the cell Xn (using your example) i get count 1 returned which is correct; but if i have
"X1" in cell Xn it returns 0, which is clearly wrong (at least as far as my requirements are
concerned). And yes, i do have regular expressions enabled in Calc >  Calculate. My version is 5.2.2.2 x64
and im using 64bit windows 7.

G.