There is much debate about whether software should be the subject of
patents, or rather, copyright/copyleft. The website groklaw.net has a
lot of very interesting material about this. It would be very
interesting to know where the Trump dynasty stands on that; could end
up making a lot of difference to the FLOSS communities and they way
they work!?

Cheers
Harvey