On 07/06/2017 12:24 PM, James Knott wrote:
On 07/06/2017 12:09 PM, MR ZenWiz wrote:
I just upgraded my Win7 laptop at work from LO 5.3.3 to 5.3.4, and it
insisted I close my Chrome and Slack apps.

Why is LO messing with Chrome and Slack settings?

Thanks.
MR

Where did you download from?  I have never seen that.  Download only
from www.libreoffice.org.

You are saying the you have a Windows 7 laptop and upgraded LibreOffice to a newer one. You use the Chrome browser and whatever "Slack" is , and LO is messing up your settings?

Did the install of LO show a "files in use" error?

I just installed new version of both and LO install process showed Firefox needed to be closed before Windows_x64 version of LibreOffice 5.3.4.2 can be installed.

I do not have any Win7 systems left, so all I could do was to open a different laptop [typing this on a Linux laptop] and see what error or messages come up.

The "Firefox needed to be closed before LO is installed" message is the only one I saw. Both Chrome and LibreOffice worked like it should be. I did not have Chrome Browser active while when I installed LibreOffice, but I think that close package message might have come up while I installed LO.