On 07/08/2017 02:56 AM, MICHAEL HELY wrote:
> I am having trouble with this suite.   Normally I have been able to open,
> amend, and save a document without any problem.    However, in the last week
> or so I can only open a document in read-only form.   To change the contents
> I have to open a copy for editing, save that under a different name, delete
> the original, and then rename the new document to fit in with my filing
> system.     This is time consuming, and very inconvenient.
> The only event that I can identify as a possible cause is that about the same
> time there was an automatic update to Windows 10, and there might be some
> incompatablity between the updated Windows and LibreOffice.    (I have since
> installed the latest update to LibreOffice5, but to no avail;  the problem is
> still there).    However that is only a wild guess!     I would be grateful
> for your advice and a remedy
> regards
> M. Hely

I have two basic questions:

 1. Have you confirmed the original file wasn't already "read-only"
    before attempting to open it?
 2. Are you opening files from the file system or directly from an email
    attachment?

These are things you have probably already thought of but I want to ask
anyway.  :)   I've run LibreOffice 5 on a couple of Windows 10 systems
and have been able to open, edit, and save documents without issue.

Peace...

"The Other" Tom

--
/When we dance, you have a way with me,