On Sun, 24 Sep 2017 09:02:49 +1300
Steve Edmonds <steve.edmo...@ptglobal.com> wrote:

> On 24/09/17 06:21, Dave Howorth wrote:
> > On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 05:17:01 -0700
> > "John R. Sowden" <jsow...@americansentry.net> wrote:
> >
> >> A few months ago, I asked about printing envelopes.  All I got was
> >> explaining how LO does it.  Finally someone said LO only prints one
> >> envelope for one document, not 100 envelopes with a custom return
> >> address.
> >>
> >> well, i found the solution, in a program that I have been running
> >> for about 2 years with great success, glabels.  instead of a
> >> label, there is an option for a #10 envelope.  glabels works
> >> great.  I have been using it to print large mailing labels on 9x12
> >> document envelopes.
> >>
> >> hope this helps someone else,
> >>
> >> john
> > I just looked at installing it, but it wants to install 13
> > dependencies including two to get weather information (?!), two for
> > geocoding (?!) and nine for the Evolution Data Server, whatever
> > that is. I can't see why any of those should be necessary to print
> > labels, so I won't be installing it. Thanks for suggesting it
> > though, it may help others.
> Evolution is Gnome's default PIM data storage center.
> May be the geocoding is related to determination of a factor from the
> addresses (postcode?) and weather affects how many licks to seal the
> envelope. steve

:)

FWIW, I just downloaded the glabels 3.4.0 source package and compiled
it. Evolution Data Server is optional and I didn't choose to install
it. Without that I saw no sign of the build requiring geocoding or
weather, but then I didn't include any barcode support either so maybe
that or something else was relevant. The only thing I had to do extra
was sudo ldconfig /usr/local/lib

In short, my complaint is apparently to do with my distro's packaging
rather than the software itself.

It has a long list of Avery labels, BTW ...