On 10/10/2017 03:38 AM, Gary Dale wrote:

> I agree that storing organizational (not necessarily corporate) colours
> in "custom" may not always be the best idea, but given their small
> number in any rational organization, creating a separate palette for
> them is arguably also not a good idea.

The primary function of an organisation branding palette, is to have a
formal description of the _only_ colours used in content produced by,
for, or on behalf of the organization. As such, having _one_ palette
that consists only of the organisation branding palette makes sense.

By way of example, the official colour palette of various organisations:
* LibreOffice: 27 colours;
* North Carolina State: 13 colours;
* University of Leeds: 4 colours;
* University of Arizona: 22 in the official palette, 24 in the
unofficial palette;
* University of South Dakota: 9 colours for printing, 9 colours for the web;
* UPS: 4 colours;

Back when Mary Kay was alive, woe betide anybody who delivered anything
for her company, that wasn't in a colour that wasn't in the official
Mary Kay colour palette. (_Even their Uzi's Are Pink_ wasn't much of an
exaggeration.)

jonathon