Hi,I have a column in calc which contains strings of characters (actually
representations of words in an ancient script) and in another column I will
need to create a cipher for those words (in which each of the characters in a
string is mapped to a specific different character) so that I can sort the rows
into the customary "alphabetical" order for the script. I can write a macro to
do this, but in order to do so I need to know how to access specific cells and
cell ranges in the spreadsheet, and I'm not sure how to do this in calc (I've
done it in excel, so the procedure should be similar). Can anyone help me out
here, perhaps pointing me to some appropriate code snippets that address the
issue?
thanks,/Gary