Hi Steve,

Steve Edmonds schrieb am 12.02.2018 um 05:15:
Hi.
I am trying to use tabs to line some parameter pairs up. This may or may
not be a bug depending upon the way you think a decimal tab should work.

If you put the following into a writer document

4800=4800
19K2=19200

Now highlight and Format>paragraph>tabs.

Set a tab stop at 5cm, decimal, character set to '='

Tab the above lines.

Should the 2 = signs line up or should the K in the lower line align
with the = in the top line?

LO 5.4, I get the K aligning with the =, the = don't all line up as I
had expected.

Go to Tools > Options > Writer > Compatibility and check "Use OpenOffice.org 1.1 tabstop formatting". Then the stops will align at = sign.

Kind regards
Regina