Hi all,

I run LibreOffice 6.0.2.1.0+ (Build-ID: 1:6.0.2-1~bpo9+1) on Debian stretch.
In a base document, connected to a PostgreSQL data base, I ran into a really
confusing behaviour of forms.

The task: I have two forms.  In the first, when the user clicks a button, the
second form (managing a list of contacts) shall be opened for entering a new
item.  Following the manual, I wrote this macro and connected it to the
“Execute action” of the button in the first form:

---8<----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub newContact
    oDstForm = thisDatabaseDocument.FormDocuments.getByName("Kontakte
verwalten")
    oDstForm.open()
    oMainForm = oDstForm.component.getDrawPage.getForms.getByName("ContactForm")
    oMainForm.load()
    oMainForm.afterLast()
    oMainForm.moveToInsertRow()
End Sub
---8<----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This opens the form, but still displays the first entry, which should not
happen.

Now for the /really/ puzzling part:  In the macro editor add a breakpoint at
any statement in the macro.  Now step (shift-F8) through the remaining
statements until “End Sub” is reached, and the form jumps to a new entry with
all fields empty, i.e. does what I expect it to do.

When I place a ”wait 100” statement after “oDstForm.open()”, the form /also/
behaves properly, but I think this is not the correct solution.  Any idea what
goes wrong at this point, and what would be the correct approach?

Thanks in advance,
Albrecht.