Concatenate works...to a point.

Another problem is that first formula must provide a result formatted as
a date, let's say June 2.  The second formula must provide a result as a
day-number-of-the-year (which I haven't figured out how to do yet).
Using concatenate the result is a 5 digit number returned for the first
formula even though the cell is formatted as a MMMM D.

How can these format requirements be maintained?

Thanks,

Carl