Thank you Robert.

Unfortunately neither of these two options work.

On 05.06.2018 01:57, Robert Großkopf wrote:
Hi bunk3m,

The document goes from paragraph 1 to 11 and then should have 11.1 to
11.9 but I end up with paragraph 1 to 20.

Go to paragraph, which shows '12'
Right Mouseclick > Demote One Level
... and so on for all following paragraphs ...

I don't have a "Demote One Level" but wish I did.

Could be you have to change the numbering:
Right Mouseclick > Bullets and Numbering > Customize
Goto Level '2', set 'Show sublevels' and set it to '2'.

Regards

Robert

When I go to Bullets and Numbering, Customize Goto Level 2 and show sublevels, LO Writer creates another set of bullets in front of the bullets imported from Word.

Aaaaaah.  This is driving me crazy.

B.