I've tried several ways after searching, including one that's supposed to
be for the latest LibreOffice. It's writer I want to change since I don't
use the others. Also I try to set the paragraph spacing the way I want and
it won't stick. A footer with page number will stick.

Every time I set up "My Template" or try to edit the derfault Template to
get rid of Liberation serif which I dislike, to Arial, it changes itself
back on subtitle, etc.. Even if I save a file set up the way I want and
open it, the default fonts have changed. I've spent an hour trying to find
a way to create a template or even a file, making a desktop shortcut so I
can open that file as a template, and nothing works.

Does someone know how to change the default Template permanently and then
how to pin that one to the taskbar permanently?