Hi Jean-Francois,

Sadly, it did not work. My results are in-line with your previous message.

On 27.09.2018 17:06, Jean-Francois Nifenecker wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Le 27/09/2018 à 16:38, DaveB a écrit :
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> Firefox Personas (renamed Themes) no longer work in LO and there is a
>> proposal [1] to deprecate or replace them. However, I have 2 in my LO
>> profile on Windows, which I would like to have them in LO on a new Linux
>> install. I have copied the images into the equivalent Linux directory
>> and edited the advanced configuration file, but I cannot get LO under
>> Linux to show either of the personas. Obviously there is something else
>> it is necessary to configure.
>>
>> Any thoughts or pointers would be welcome.
>>

> I'm using personas under Linux without problem (LibO 5.4.6.2).
>
> Here's how I do that. FWIW I don't temper with the configuration file,
> just using the advanced configuration options.
>
> 1. The personas are stored as subdirs within the user's profile,
> Gallery/Persona directory.
>
> Say I add a "MyPersona" subdir there.
> In this subdir, I add the persona graphic file (for instance, a .png).
> Say its name is MyHeader.png.

I changed the directory and file name to exactly match yours.
My path =
/home/dave/.config/libreoffice/4/user/gallery/Persona/MyPersona/MyHeader.png

> 2. In LibO, Tools > Options, LibreOffice, Advanced, Open expert
> configuration.

No problem.

> 3. I enter "persona" (without quotes) in the search bar.
>
> LibO finds the org.openoffice.Office.Common > Misc branch, with two
> keys: Persona and PersonaSettings

OK, so far.

> 4. Set Persona to "own" (without quotes)

OK, I set it to "own" (without quotes)

> 5. Set PersonaSettings to follow the sequence mask:

> Where
>
> <header file name>: the path to your header file within the personas
> profile subdir.
> Using the example above would give
> MyPersona/MyHeader.png
>
> <footer file name>: same as for header file name.
> You may repeat using the header file name.
>
> <front color>: RGB in hex with a "#" prefix.
> For a black front color, it gives: #000000
> This color is used for menu character painting.
>
> <special color>: same as for front color. AFAIK, unused.
>
> 6. Wrap up
>
> The whole string in this example would give:
>
> MyPersona/MyHeader.png;MyPersona/MyHeader.png;#000000;#F5F5F5

Since I had changed my path and file name to exactly match yours, I
simply copied and pasted the above line into the edit field.
OK'd out of Expert Configuration and Options.

> Once validated, the new theme is propagated to new documents (the
> current file environment is not changed yet).

Not sure I fully understand what the above line means, but:

  * I tried immediately opening a new document. No persona.
  * I went back into Expert Configuration and my previous settings were
    gone.
  * I again edited the settings and tried closing and restarting LO. No
    persona.
  * Next, I went back into Expert Configuration and again edited the
    settings, OK'd out of Expert Configuration and immediately when back
    in again to find that my settings had already been lost.

> To get to these grips, I read a blog article that I'm totally unable
> to find right now. Too bad I couldn't cite the author.
>

> HTH,

If it had worked, it would have been a fantastically simple solution.
Maybe something has changed between your 5.4.6.2 and my 6.1.1.2 which
cases LO to ignore or drop Expert Configuration changes. Guess I will
just have to learn to love LO's boring "battleship grey" colors.

However, I thank you again for taking the time to try and help.

Best Regards
Dave