I have recently been battling with the change to Firebird.

When using query, I would continuously get some form of 'isc_dsql_prepare' errors.

As it turns out, I repeatedly used "Select" as a field name within "Tables".

Changing the field names from "Select" to "Selection" has eliminated all of the 'isc_dsql_prepare' errors.

I checked the reserved words for Firebird 2.5 and 3.0.  "Select" is a reserved keyword in 2.5.

My suspicion is that there is some kind of misinterpretation during the analysis of field name vs keyword when opening and/or using a query.

Can someone confirm that Firebird keywords should never be used as field names.

Thanks

Paul