Good afternoon,

I am running Debian 9.9 and the system us fully up-to-date. I tried up
upgrade LibreOffice this morning, and now it will not start.

If I start it from the desktop, the splash screen comes up and the
progress bar moves about 1/3 of the way, then it goes away and nothing
happens.

If I start it from the command line with "libreoffice6.2 --writer", the
same thing happens only the terminal spits out "Application error".

-I've tried logging into the system with a brand new user, same results.
-I've checked to make sure there are no LibreOffice processes running.
-I've done "apt purge LibreOffice*" and verified that anything
LibreOffice is removed from the system, rebooted, then installed and
rebooted again, same problem.
-Tried installing the old version again, no good.

I'm at a loss now. It was working this morning, and told me there was a
new version available, which is what started all of this.

Any ideas?

--
Allen Seelye
A Linux user since 1997.