On Thu, 2019-07-11 at 14:05 -0400, Tanstaafl wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I need some help with converting a number (in a text field) to a
> different type.
>
> The type of number is time, and it is in the form of:
>
> hh:mm:ss
>
> I need to convert this to just minutes, rounded up, so if ss is more
> than 30 it adds another minute.
>
> I'm at a loss as to how to even start (I'm not a spreadsheet guy)...
>
> I would appreciate any pointers on how to get this done...
>
> Thanks!

You might like to try the following.
Given that your value is in field A1 in the form hh:mm:ss
then you can do the conversion by entering the following in another
field
=(HOUR(A1)*60)+MINUTE(A1)+ROUND(SEC(A1/60),0)

It doesn't seem to matter if the value in A1 is in time format or text
format.

I'm sure there are buffs out there who could offer a more elegant
solution, but the above seems to work all right for the cases I tried.

Cheers
Harvey