On Tue, 2019-07-23 at 19:03 +0200, Alexander Thurgood wrote:
> Le 23/07/2019 à 18:37, Harvey Nimmo a écrit :
>
> Hi Harvey,
>
> > A bit disappointing though. Is there no possibility for storing
> > those
> > kinds of SQL statements, so that they could be used again?
> > I have a few in mind, and it seems a bit primitive to have to
> > create a
> > clipboard type of text file for that kind of thing.
>
> As yet, and as Robert has indicated, nothing in the Base UI allows
> you
> to save UPDATE queries and run them from the SQL Query UI. It has
> unfortunately always been this way, since StarOffice (so that's a
> very
> long time for a seemingly critically missing piece of functionality).
>
> No one has undertaken to add the required functionality to the UI, or
> internal LO parser (which would allow for graphical UI manipulation
> of
> update statements).
>
> The only remaining possibility then is via macro, which can be stored
> in
> the ODB file, and triggered for example, via a button press on a
> form,
> or a form reload, or some other action that can be used as the event
> trigger.
>
> Alex

Hallo Alex,

yes, thanks for that suggestion. I was 'kinda feared' you might suggest
that. I think I would need some very solid documentation to go that
way. What flummexes me most there is the multitude of methods available
that house the relatively modest functions I need.

I remember using VBA from my days with MSAccess, but our LO/Linux world
has such an 'embarrassment of riches' I don't quite know where to
start. You could say I'm a bit intimidated by the idea. Any suggestions
where I might start?

Cheers
Harvey