Hi,
I'm writing some Latin texts with long vowels indicated and so i'm frequently
having to go to the special characters dialog.
I'm wondering if its possible to set up certain keys in LO so that pressing,
e.g. ALT +A would enter a with macron character (and SHIFT +ALT +A for the
capital)?

I've looked at tools>configure but can't yet see if there is a way to make a
key combination return a special character rather than execute a function. I've
also quickly looked at autocorrect but that doesn't seem to work on key
combinations.

I'm guessing what i need is a keyboard mapping option?

I'm using LO 6.0.7.3 on ubuntu 18.04.08

Thanks
/Gary