On 23/10/2019 17:08, Sebastian wrote:
I am having problems installing Zotero in Libre Office. The Zotero toolbar
simply doesn't show. I am thankful for any assistance!

Below, I will (I) explain the procedures so far, (II) put my question(s).

(I)

- I have downloaded the latest version of Zotero and updated LibreOffice on
my Mac.
- In Zotero > Tools > Add-Ons > Extensions, "Zotero LibreOffice Integration"
is installed and enabled.
- In LibreOffice > Preferences > Advanced, "Use a Java runtime environment"
is checked.
- When I check the System and click Java, it says that Java is installed and
up to date.

BUT:

- There is no Zotero toolbar in LibreOffice under View > Toolbars.
- When I go to Zotero > Cite > Word Processors, it says that the LibreOffice
Add-On is not installed, and when I click Install, the following message
shows:

<http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/file/t496095/Sk%C3%A4rmavbild_2019-10-23_kl.png>

It says, the PlugIn requires the "Java Development Kit".

(II)

So, from the above, Java seems to be the problem. But (from the above) I
have Java. Or not? Or do I need some special Java-thingy? Could someone
perhaps please post a link with or describe exactly what needs to be done.

I am not computer-savvy, so please use a language for dummies!

I do get the Zotero toolbar to display in LO Writer 6.0.7.3 in Ubuntu.

In your para (I), you do not say that you have the Zotero extension loaded in
LibreOffice > Tools > Extension Manager

I have the extension "Zotero Libre Office Integration" installed in LO. This
claims to integrate Zotero with LibreOffice.  You can find it here :
https://extensions.libreoffice.org/

Perhaps this is your missing link ?

hth

Philip