I received a DOCX file to fix it up for someone.

The problem is it gets up when I save it back to DOCX or DOC.  I have 2 transparent background images that overlap each other to solve a visual need.  The problem is half the time the images lose their transparent backgrounds and cover up the underlying text.

At this point, I can send the guy a PDF file instead of a MS file.  His office does not have the newer MS Office that can read .odt [even badly].

ALSO, if we can solve this, what do I need to do to embed the font[s] into the edible document[s]?

I had to use a narrow font to include all the information needed/wanted instead of the included "Calibri" font.  I used "Liberation San Narrow".  He is not allowed to install any fonts on his side.  I do not know what, if any, narrow fonts he has access to.  On my end, I just used what narrow font allowed all of the text to fit and still look good for the event flier. I have, sometimes, too many fonts to decide on, on my side of the editing.  I have over 400 .ttf and .otf files in my .font folder. I have thousands to choose from in my collection.