On 24-4-2020 15:11, M Henri Day wrote:
Den fre 24 apr. 2020 kl 08:22 skrev Luuk <luu...@gmail.com <mailto:luu...@gmail.com>>:

    On 23-4-2020 06:06, Musical Neptunian wrote:
    > I  make Twitch emotes in GIMP. They cannot be more than 25 Mb or
    Twitch
    > rejects them. I found a tutorial somewhere that said that
    Libreoffice has a
    > png compression tool. But when I put my png into LibreOffice I
    got a whole
    > load of symbol junk. So instead I used a free online tool that
    reduced my
    > png from 30 Kb to 7 Kb with no quality change. But could I have used
    > anything in Libreoffice to do this?

    I would never use LibreOffice for compressing images.

    use any tool found on the internet, like:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/19153122/image-compression-tools-via-command-line

Luuk, perhaps you could explain just why you would never use a LibreOffice too for compressing images. Doesn't the one suggested by Philip perform satisfactorily ?...

Henri

Just because LibreOffice is not an image-editor. It's about creating document, or spreadsheets.

Ik will also no use my bicycle to transport loads of goods, that's what trucks are for.... 😉