On 2020-06-01 02:35 PM, Philip Jackson wrote:
Have you tried that ^ to the left of the close button?  It's remembered on my openSUSE system.

Yes, that is the problem. I always have to click that icon to get full screen but LO's idea of full screen is about 3/4 of the width of my screen. There is also a system shortcut, F5, which is supposed to give full screen and that is more reliable than the little icon top right in the LO window.

The ^ works fine for me, covering the entire screen, other than the task bar at the bottom.  F5 does nothing.  I suspect there's a problem with the way your system handles ^.