I'm posting this here because I don't believe it is a bug, but something weird that has happened to LibreOffice on my system.

I've been using LibreOffice happily on Debian for years.

Currently I have LibreOffice 6.4.4.2 40(Build:2) on Debian Testing.

Now suddenly for reasons unknown to me, I cannot open LibreOffice at all.

I've tried from the menu, and in a terminal, and the outcome is constant. The splash screen shows up, and the progress bar reaches just less than 50% of completion. Then the splash screen disappears from the screen, and I get nothing more. LO is not running.

From the terminal I've tried "libreoffice", "libreoffice --writer", and "libreoffice --calc". "libreofice --safe-mode" produces the same result.

I've also tried all of these actions as another user on the same box. Same result.

I see nothing in my logs.

I'm desperate to get LO running again and would appreciate any suggestions.

--

Chris Dunn