Hi,

I use the formula IF(A1<>"";NOW()) copied to every cell of column B.
It gives me the correct time every time I type anything on a line of column
A.
But this is refreshed constantly by the time of the computer, not the time I
typed something in column A.
I tried looking for a static version of NOW() or playing with iterations
(probably not correctly) or looking for a way to stop recomputing this
specific column to no avail.
Is there a way to set on column B the time of the typing on each line of
column A and keep it as a static time.

I am usually good with formulas, but this very basic need escapes me.
As far as usability is concerned, a STATICNOW() function seems much more
useful than the current NOW() function. Or inserting a 0,1 argument for
staticness or something.
So far, I am forced to type or insert the time manually each time.
Let me repeat it: Manually each time! Me!  ;)

Thanks,
Chimel.

--
Sent from: