Interestingly, that combination doesn't exist on the drop down menus.

The "styles" drop down has a whole list of radio buttons but clicking
any of them just causes the drop down to close without any action. The
button selected is "Default Character".

The "Format | Character" drop down under font has "Family", "Style"
and "Size" and these are set to (when the cursor is on an italics
word) "Garamond Pro", "Italic" and "12" which is about what I would
expect.  It doesn't specifically show the Garamond Pro Italics font as
being in use and there is no option to change it.

FYI, I am using the default style template.

Regards,

John