I am having a major problem that started a few weeks ago.

Documents Directory is selected. I click on “New Folder” at top or click on
documents and choose new folder from the menu, the try to name the folder.

Consistent error message:

“Can’t find the specified file.

Make Sure you specify the correct path and file name.”

When I click try again I get a message that the file or folder does not
exist.

So weird since I’m not looking for a file! And the error messages make no
sense.

I’ve checked a few folders in my document directory and they are “read
only” Documents inside are readable, but I can’t make a new folder to put
them into.

Uninstalled LibreOffice and reinstalled: same problem.

Should I look for another open source writer?