On Sun, 24 Apr 2022 20:15:15 -0400
Fred James <fredj...@fredjame.net> wrote:

> Dave Howorth wrote:
> > I have a financial spreadsheet that was designed in the USA but I
> > live in the UK. Is there any way in LO to change all the cells that
> > are formatted as numeric $ amounts to be the same format but using
> > the equivalent numeric £ format instead?
> >
> > I don't think there's any logic in the spreadsheet that depends on
> > the currency, it's just doing numerical calculations on the values.
> > But it would be easier to look at if it was in £ rather than $
> > everywhere!
> >
> > Cheers, Dave
> The $ to £ is merely formatting ...
> -> Format -> Cells -> and then under Numbers, and under Category
> select Currency ... under Format select "GBP £ English (UK)" ... that
> should do it.  Unless I am wrong the £ is divided into 100 parts just
> like the $, so there shouldn't be any need to alter calculations

I don't think that does what I want. I would have to select every cell
that has a $ amount, and no other cells, and apply the £ currency. But
that also might change the other format aspects - commas and number of
figures after the decimal point and so forth.

What I'm looking for is something that I can apply to the whole sheet,
and that just changes $ to £ wherever it occurs.

> The exchange rate is another matter, of course, if you need to do
> that.

No, it's purely the appearance I'm interested in.

> Regards
> Fred James

PS Please reply to the list, not to me.