Jindam,

This a good question that I would like to hear the answer to also.

In the meantime, I suggest that sometimes valuable troubleshooting information can be had from the program itself, but it must be started from an XTerm console to read it. In the past, I have discovered file read errors and library problems using this method. Another possibility is to create a script which opens LibreOffice, but redirects console output to a file. Sometimes that works. However, if the program crashes, that may not work either.

Good luck, and I hope someone responds with the answer to your question.

Girvin