Dear formum,

I believe my objective should be rather simple, but I need to be
pointed in the right direction.

I have a column of text data (unique values) in Calc that I want to
transfer to a Base table. The Base table has been set up with three
columns, two of which I expect to remain empty after the data import.
The one column of unique values will be the primary key.

I thought that the best way to implement the data transfer would be to
create a .csv file from the column of data, but I need help to find out
how Calc supports this. Can anyone help? One idea I had, was to copy
the data column (which contains more than 7000 values, incidentally) to
a text file. Unfortunately, I do not understand enough about regular
expressions to add two commas before each linefeed. Help there would be
appreciated.

(For completeness, the Base Table is a front end to a backend Mysql
database, and I expect the import to be done using phpMyAdmin)

Regards
Harvey