Hi Graham,

I have created a simple database in Base to catalogue my books and as they
are in a number of languages some of the titles and authors' names contain
characters with diacritics. I had hoped that I could enter these as special
characters as I could in a Writer document but the "special character" item
under "insert" in the form view is faded out, i.e. is not active. Is there
something I am missing here that would make this item active?

Set the cursor in the form control. Click
right mouse button → Special Character…
or press shift+Ctrl+S

Special characters in menue of the wirter document is greyed out, because you can't enter content in the background of the form. It is write protected.

Regards

Robert
--
Homepage: https://www.familiegrosskopf.de/robert