Hi:
One month ago I purchased a new Acer Predator Helios 300 PH317-55-59J9
laptop with Windows 11 Home. Libre Writer crashes many times and causes me
to lose all my work. While I am working the program locks up. I can not
highlight anything, I can't type anything. I can't close the page. The only
thing that works is the cursor. I can move it freely. After about a minute
of being locked, the screen goes blank. I then re-open another session and
a recovery prompt appears and I click it and it restores the page but all
of the fresh work I did is not there. I have an older laptop with the same
version of Libre Office and it crashes occasionally but not near as much as
on this new laptop. Also when it does a recovery on the older Acer Aspire 5
laptop, I don't lose any of my work. That makes it a lot less frustrating.
I have contacted Acer support and they had me do a command prompt with
administrative privileges  (sfc /scannow) and I also deleted Norton
anti-virus which I thought may have been using too much memory, but nothing
seemed to help. I don't know if it is a Windows 11 problem, a Laptop
problem or a Libre Office problem.