Folks,

I am a happy user of LibreOffice, and I ran into a gotcha the other day.

I was attempting to add my trademark claims to the footer of a document describing some inventions, and LO Writer assumed I was entering an e-mail address because my trademark included the '@' sign. I ended up making images of my TM in Inkscape and GIMP and inserting those, but it seems to me that a more general solution would be appropriate.

People are GOING to make 'words' with special characters, as I did. This will become more common!

My proposed solution is to add a character or char sequence to begin and end a block that is to have such 'helpful' interpretation turned off.

Comments welcome, of course!

  -- Don